Actility – Brand strategy and identity
Purpose have been working with some interesting and innovative clients in the Tech sector, most recently a dynamic and fast-growing French company called Actility.
Actility, are the industry leader in Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWAN) for Internet of Things (IoT).
They help people to harness the transformational power of the Internet of Things to build a better world – creating smart buildings, smart cities, smart waste management and even smart Dutch Canals.
A small company with big ambitions
Actility, were a small and rapidly growing tech company that had set out to make its mark on the global stage. They needed a brand and identity that would stand out in their domain and be a platform to grow the company.
Purpose were commissioned to help the business to focus their brand strategy and co-create a new brand identity, working alongside the Actility in-house designer. Enabling Actility to build a stronger, clearer brand to align the growing business, and support next level funding strategy.
We helped the client to form a clear project brief:
1. Create more focus:
- Articulate the things that make us special and different.
- Build greater clarity, cohesion and distinction across the brand.
- Establish a clear strategy for the brand architecture; how we should position and market each distinct product and service line.
2. Build a sustainable brand platform
Establish a robust but flexible strategic platform and identity framework that can adapt to the growth and development of the business.
3. Create a shared sense of purpose across the company
Establish an inspiring and motivating steer for all staff, to build greater brand belief and meaning internally.
4. Support brand evolution
Help us to take the business from a French Engineering Company, to a Global Tech Business.
- Board level engagement.
- Brand positioning strategy.
- Brand architecture strategy.
- Brand identity framework.
- Coaching and co-creation with internal design team.
- Internal engagement tools and support.
The new identity was launched in February 2017 in Barcelona at the Mobile World Congress.
Brand and marketing activity underpinned a focused next level funding drive.
In June Actility announced new investors in $75 Million Series D Funding round with Cisco Investments joining as investor.
The funding will enable Actility to:
- Roll out industrial IoT solutions with its partners for key verticals such as logistics and supply chain, smart buildings and energy and utilities.
- Accelerate its global growth.
- Make strategic investments to enhance its technology portfolio.